Unfiled Returns

Unfiled Tax Returns

Worried about unfiled returns? Leaving returns unfiled can be dangerous. Contact me for peace of mind.

Unfiled tax returns can leave you in a very dangerous situation. There is no statue of limitations on unfiled returns and the IRS can decide at any point to create a return for you. This return is called a substitute for return or SFR.  Contact me now for help cleaning up your unfiled returns.

[caldera_form id="CF5b6cb443ab9d5"]

Matthew Wright

Matthew Wright

Enrolled Agent

I am an Enrolled Agent in Red Oak, TX authorized to represent you in any matter before the IRS. I do not work for the IRS. I work for you. I stand up for you before the IRS! I help people like you respond do IRS audits, resolve IRS collection issues, plan for upcoming taxes, and prepare complex tax returns. 


I am based in Red Oak, TX, but serve clients throughout the US. I serve individual and small business clients.


Enrolled Agent authorized by the IRS to represent tax payers nationwide.

  •  Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - Texas Tech University
  • Masters of Arts in Technical Communication - Texas Tech University
  • Bachelor of Science - Texas Tech University (Personal Finance, Math, and English )
Enrolled Agent

Enrolled Agents are America's tax experts. They are required to take a comprehensive three part exam and take regular tax related education courses. Each year I exceed the required number of education courses to be certain I am up-to-date on all of the latest changes in tax laws and IRS procedures.

An SFR will not take into account any deductions or credits you may have coming. You can suddenly find yourself with an IRS debt for an unfiled return from 5 years ago. I recommend professional help to resolve unfiled returns. Getting you into a compliant state while making sure you don’t overpay your taxes is my first priority when dealing with unfiled returns. Next I will work with you to understand the situation that led to your unfiled returns.  With this information I can look for opportunities to reduce or even eliminate the penalties you will be charged for the late filing of your returns. This is why it is imperative that you work with a qualified tax specialist when you want to resolve complex issues like unfiled returns from past tax years. You may be concerned about not having the information you need to complete a five year old return. Don’t worry and don’t be tempted to just make information up for your return.

I will help you find sources of information on past years and armed with that information and your IRS transcripts we can build an accurate picture of your situation. It is important to note that some information on things like charitable deductions and small business expenses may be difficult to find. Every case is unique and will depend on the quality of your records and how far back your unfiled returns go. Filing the most accurate return possible is far better than having no return filed.

I offer full service IRS tax representation services for individuals and small business.  As your representative I work with the IRS on your behalf. As an enrolled agent I am able to represent clients nationwide. If you are facing an audit or collections issue I can help you.  Learn more about just some of the types of cases I can handle for you:

Contact me to day for your free initial consultation.

If you are trying to understand how changes in the tax law caused by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 will affect you or your business I can help you.  I will review your current and previous years taxes and prepare a detailed report on the anticipated changes to your tax situation. If you need to better understand the tax implications of selling your business or other valuable asset I can help you. Reach out today for your free initial consultation.

I prepare tax returns for individuals and small to medium business. Some of the forms I can prepare for you include:

  • Your personal 1040 form along with all of the appropriate schedules.
  • 1065 form including schedule K1s for your partnership or multi-member LLC
  • 1120S for your S corporation
  • Form 709 Gift Tax return
  • Form 706 Estate Tax return
  • Form 1041 Estate Income Tax return

I will also work with you to understand what forms you need to file.  Wondering if you need to file a gift tax return? Reach out for your free consultation.

We will resolve your unfiled tax return problems!

Call us at (972) 521-7800 or fill out the contact form for help.