Remove IRS Penalties

IRS penalties add up fast. Get Help Now To Stop And Remove Penalties.

IRS penalties bloat your tax debt.  Penalty abatement (or removal) processes allow some or all of the penalties to be eliminated from your account.  In some cases, I may also be able to have some penalties partially eliminated if they are the result of an un-filed return or other problem with the original tax assessment. Each case is different. During your free initial consultation I  will identify the best alternative for you.

[caldera_form id="CF5b6cb443ab9d5"]

Matthew Wright

Matthew Wright

Enrolled Agent

I am an Enrolled Agent in Red Oak, TX authorized to represent you in any matter before the IRS. I do not work for the IRS. I work for you. I stand up for you before the IRS! I help people like you respond do IRS audits, resolve IRS collection issues, plan for upcoming taxes, and prepare complex tax returns. 


I am based in Red Oak, TX, but serve clients throughout the US. I serve individual and small business clients.


Enrolled Agent authorized by the IRS to represent tax payers nationwide.

  •  Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - Texas Tech University
  • Masters of Arts in Technical Communication - Texas Tech University
  • Bachelor of Science - Texas Tech University (Personal Finance, Math, and English )
Enrolled Agent

Enrolled Agents are America's tax experts. They are required to take a comprehensive three part exam and take regular tax related education courses. Each year I exceed the required number of education courses to be certain I am up-to-date on all of the latest changes in tax laws and IRS procedures.

The most common types of penalties I encounter are:

  • Failure to File : This penalty is assessed when you fail to file a required business or personal tax return.  This penalty adds up quickly.  For individual returns this penalty accrues at 5% per month up to 5 months.  For business returns this rate can vary.  For example, on partnership returns (Form 1065) this penalty is $195 per month per partner for up to 12 months. Similarly, an S corporation would be charged $195 per shareholder per month up to 12 months.
  • Failure to Pay: If you failed to include the appropriate payment amount the IRS will add a penalty of .5%of the unpaid tax per month.  This penalty is not charged at the same time as a failure to file penalty is accruing.
  • Accuracy Penalty: The 20% accuracy penalty can be assessed in case of negligence or having a substantial underpayment of tax.
  • Underpayment of Estimated Tax: If you fail to have the appropriate amount of tax withheld from your paycheck or you fail to make estimated tax payments throughout the year you may receive this penalty.

I will help you deal with IRS penalties by first looking at the root of the penalty and then identifying opportunities to reduce or eliminate the penalty. If you usually pay your tax on time and have a one time mistake, then I can help you. If you were seriously ill (or have another good reason) and that led to your late filed taxes, then I can help you

Once you engage me to represent you with the IRS, then I will:

  • gather all of the relevant information from you
  • perform a detailed analysis of your IRS account transcripts
  • work with you to understand what special circumstances contributed to your penalties
  • build the best possible penalty abatement case for you
  • submit and defend your case with the IRS

Contact me today to get started. While it is possible to request penalty abatement on your own, we don’t recommend it for anyone owing a significant amount of penalties. Particularly if you owe for more than one tax year. Expert analysis is required to identify the best combination of strategies to eliminate the most penalties possible. I look at the complete picture including what circumstances in your life may have led to a penalty in one year or if a year is really your best candidate for a first time abatement. Contact us for help today.

I offer full service IRS tax representation services for individuals and small business.  As your representative I work with the IRS on your behalf. As an enrolled agent I am able to represent clients nationwide. If you are facing an audit or collections issue I can help you.  Learn more about just some of the types of cases I can handle for you:

Contact me to day for your free initial consultation.

If you are trying to understand how changes in the tax law caused by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 will affect you or your business I can help you.  I will review your current and previous years taxes and prepare a detailed report on the anticipated changes to your tax situation. If you need to better understand the tax implications of selling your business or other valuable asset I can help you. Reach out today for your free initial consultation.

I prepare tax returns for individuals and small to medium business. Some of the forms I can prepare for you include:

  • Your personal 1040 form along with all of the appropriate schedules.
  • 1065 form including schedule K1s for your partnership or multi-member LLC
  • 1120S for your S corporation
  • Form 709 Gift Tax return
  • Form 706 Estate Tax return
  • Form 1041 Estate Income Tax return

I will also work with you to understand what forms you need to file.  Wondering if you need to file a gift tax return? Reach out for your free consultation.

We will find your penalty abatement opportunities.

Call us at (972) 521-7800 or fill out the contact form for help.

%d bloggers like this: